7 Biggest Weight-Loss Mistakes
Weight-loss seems like an easy formula of working out more and eating less but while you are following a rigorous weight-loss program, you might commit some mistakes that can derail your results. Here we will tell you how to avoid 7 biggest weight-loss mistakes to achieve your get-slim goal. We present you a list of common weight-loss mistakes.
- Obsession for fat-free food: Most of the people who are on diet check the fat content of the food before they eat it, however, low fat products do not ensure low level of sugar. Many low fat products are filled with high sugar content; hence they are not of much help as far as your weight-loss goal is concerned. Besides, labels like "reduced fat" only mean that the food has lower fat level as compared to the original product, which certainly doesn't indicate that it is low fat. Further, we need to understand that all fats are not bad for us; our body needs certain beneficial fats. All we need is to lower our intake of saturated fats and go for mono-saturated fats which are generally found in olive oil, nuts and avocados.
- Do not rely only on exercise: Second in the series of 7 biggest weight-loss mistakes is relying too much on exercise. While exercise helps you in keeping off extra weight and maintains a healthy lifestyle, it doesn't help much if exercise is not accompanied by effective dietary changes. People often overestimate the amount of calories they burn through exercise and keep on eating without second thoughts. So, if you really want to lose weight then incorporate both dietary changes and exercise into your fitness regimen.
- Opting for diet drinks: Just as low fat meals do not ensure weight-loss, similarly switching to diet coke or other diet drinks do not always help, in fact they can cause weight gain. Studies have proved that consuming diet drinks on a daily basis can cause 70 per cent increase in circumference of your waist and increase the obesity risk by 41 per cent.
- Don't be too restrictive: Next in the series of 7 biggest weight-loss mistakes is that you should not try to be too restrictive. Eating more can definitely increase your weight but eating less than what your body needs can turn out to be a dieting blunder. Going into starvation mode does more harm to your body as it slows down the metabolism that causing hoarding of calories and fat.
- Don't over-estimate your self-control: It's good to be confident and disciplined but we need to accept that we all have weaknesses, sometimes we lack willpower and we do fail. So, we need to prepare ourselves for these moments of weakness and try to remove all kind of temptations as much as we can.
- Don't forget cardio even if you love crunches more: Sixth in the list of 7 biggest weight-loss mistakes is ignoring cardio. It's a mistake generally people make when they try to lose belly fat by doing too many crunches and avoiding cardio. You need to create proper balance between the two.
- Losing patience and hope: While you are trying various things to lose weight, you need to be very patient with your body. Weight-loss doesn't happen overnight. Losing weight takes time. You need to understand this.